Friday, September 11, 2009

Sept 11th

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing this day 8 years ago. I was lying in bed, bundled under the covers, watching the news. I saw the 2nd plane fly into the tower, and I couldn't believe it! I thought it was fake.

The day only got worse. I found out later that one of my friend's dad was working at the Pentagon and they didn't know where he was. His office was on the destroyed side of the building. A few horrifying, long, scary hours later we all found out that he had not been in his office at that time, in fact he wasn't even on that side of the building. Luckily, he had had a meeting on the other side of the building. He was definitely shook up, but fine physically.

Eight years has gone by really fast, and yet it seems to be yesterday every time the anniversary hits. Perhaps because with the war still waging on, it seems neverending.

My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who lost someone on this day, or anyone who knows someone who did. And to John Ritter's family, because he died on Sept 11th a year or two after the horrible tragedy in NY. My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who need them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment