Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Month of Gratitude, Day 1

Last year, I did a Facebook status with what I was grateful for for every day of November. This year, I thought I'd do a blog post for every day. It's something different AND it will make me write every day.

What am I grateful for today? Best friends. Do you have one? I do, and I am grateful for them every day, but they are the topic for today.

I have lots of friends. People you chat with, share with, exchange Christmas cards. And then I have BEST FRIENDS. The ones you can call at 2 am and know she'll be sitting on the couch watching tv. The ones you stay up late chatting with. The ones that know your deepest, darkest secrets; a certain look, or tone. The ones that can give you the same lecture you give yourself, but it sounds better. The ones you consider to be your sisters, their kids your family. I have THOSE friends.

And THOSE friends get me through a lot of days that are really hard. They ride the crazy train of life with me, never getting off. They bought tickets for the end of the line. I am supremely grateful for them.

So, Day 1 of gratitude: best friends that are there, no matter what, for however long this journey is. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment