Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2

My godmother is amazing. She moved here from San Diego to be closer to my kids, her grandkids. She takes each kid one night a week. We go shopping together. We have weekly dinners. Heck, we just took a family vacation together! She will step in in a moments' notice. She is more than I can say.

Last night is a perfect example. The kids were out of control. Isabella had been home from school for ONE hour, and I was already contemplating how early I could put them to bed. They weren't listening, Isabella was talking back, time out wasn't working. I was tired of yelling. Jeff was at work, so I called my godmother to vent about the children. She's great like that. She doesn't offer advice; she just listens and feels bad for my insanity. ;)

About half an hour later, the doorbell rang. And there she was. MAD GRANDMA. lol. If you have never seen MAD GRANDMA, I am sorry. You should. Every mom should have one of those. MAD GRANDMA is Grandma, with crazy eyes and no smile and a stern voice. And she brings Mommy cookies. lol. She brought me cookies and lectured the kids and made them clean up the living room. And then she gave kisses and hugs and went home. And bedtime was a dream.

On day 2 of a month of gratitude, or thankfulness, I am more than thankful for my godmother. For being my mom, for being my kids'  grandma. For just being. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment