Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Day 20

I am thankful for being there, even when it is scary.

Sometimes, there comes a point in a friendship where one of the people steps forward a little bit, takes a little bit more of the load, lets the other person unload all of the worries and fears that person has. Sometimes it is incredible scary to be that person; to be the one shouldering the load, listening, trying to find the right words, trying to be THERE long distance for the person you love.

Today, I was that person. Today, I was scared out of my mind. Today, I was trusted with more than I ever have been before. Today, our friendship grew.

Here is what I need my friend to know: I keep my promises. Always. Especially to you. You are stronger, smarter, sweeter, sassier, braver, and more loving than you ever give yourself credit for. You are amazing, in so many ways. And it will be ok. Today was rough. But we got through it. And we will get through the next one. I love you

I am always there, even when it is scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment