Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Quarantine Day #3 3/18/2020

8:30 am: The children fed themselves breakfast this morning. Yogurt, cereal, snack mix, and four granola bars. Food supplies are dwindling.

9 am: Log into the kids' Google classrooms, where they were be working and learning for the next few weeks. Pretty simple. Nothing new from when we had Snow Bag Day 1. Relief is evident on all of our faces.

9:59 am: Email Isabella's teacher with the first question about her work.

10 am: The children are hungry again.

11:16 am: I email Aiden's teacher with the first of my questions about all of the stuff he has brought home. That poor woman.

11:24 am: First question answered, I send her my second question.

11:33 am: She tells me to look in a box he brought home and I find the previously missing item. Bless this woman for putting up with scatterbrained parents.

12:05 pm: Email Isabella's teacher with another question. Teachers do not get paid enough.

12:30 pm: Having bugged the teachers enough for one day, the children inform me they are hungry. Again.

1 pm: Made the children color pictures for an elderly member of our church who was in the hospital. The children inform me that I am a nice person.

3 pm: The children want to eat AGAIN. Seriously, I've fed you three times already today. We only have so much food.

4:30 pm: Daddy arrives home. The boys attack him and then run off, greetings done.

5:30 pm: Two of the children eat. The little one can't decide what he wants.

6-7 pm: I make a schedule for the children's learning. Quite pleased with it, if I do say so myself.

7 pm: The youngest finally decided he will lower himself to eat some oatmeal.

8 pm: The children are finally asleep, after much ado about brushing teeth and having to sleep in their own beds in their own rooms. They totally save the drama for their momma.

9:20 pm: This momma is about to go to bed, even though she won't fall asleep for another two hours.

Stay healthy, my loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment