Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Remote Learning 2020-2021 Day #1

 Usually the first day of school entails a lot of pictures, hugs at the school, maybe a tear (not from the kids), and then anticipation of picking the kids up to hear about their day. This year was a little different. 

The boys started remote learning today. It hasn't been easy getting to this point. But here we were. We took pictures on the porch, and then went back inside to start our day. What a day.

Aiden was all over the place. He was the kid who balked at staying home. He is SOCIAL. He misses his friends terribly. Every day he tells me he wishes Covid would end. Sitting in front of a computer, even for a few short meetings, does not work well for him. 

But his classes worked. There were too many technical difficulties for Riley to even go into. He had a rough, emotional day. But both of his teachers seem amazing and are willing to work out the bugs. And he had therapy today, which was perfect. He went from the red zone (angry/frustrated) to blue (ready to go/happy) by the time he was done. 

He also got to go to his first soccer practice of the season. Sleep came quickly tonight 😂

Today was hard. I like things neat and organized. I do not thrive on chaos. There were a lot of tears (and they didn't all belong to the boys). I don't want to see another email ever (fat chance). I am exhausted and weary.

But I'm going to get up tomorrow and do it again. Maybe a little less enthusiastically, but I will do it. Riley told me that "tomorrow is another chance to have a good day."

If my nine year old ADHD/Impulsive/Sensory Processing disorder child can reset himself and believe tomorrow will be better, than so can I.


No comments:

Post a Comment