Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thoughts for Thursday

Last night, I watched the new season of Dallas premier on TNT with tears in my eyes.

When I was a kid, my mom was OBSESSED with Dallas, and I got to stay up late and watch it with her. I'd have chocolate milk, she'd have a Diet Coke, and we'd munch on pretzels as we cuddled up on the couch under a quilt. I didn't always understand what was happening on the show, and I thought Sue Ellen was the wicked witch and JR scared me. But I got to stay up late with my mom, just the two of us. It is one of my fondest child hood memories.

Last night, as I sat on the couch with Jeff, watching the new Dallas, I missed my mom more than I have in a long time. I wish Isabella was old enough to sit on the couch with me and watch the show, but I think three is a bit young. We'll just have to make due with the DVDs in a few years!

What's your fondest memory as a kid with your mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment