Monday, July 30, 2012

A 3 year old and a Pair of Scissors (An unfairy tale)

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful little princess names Isabella. One morning, she decided to take a pair of scissors to her hair. She cut a big chunk out of the front of her head and then put the scissors away and hid the hair in the trash. When her mommy, the Queen, saw her hair, the Queen saw red. Right there, in the front of the beautiful Princess' hair, was a huge chunk missing!

"Did you cut your hair?!" The Queen demanded

"Yes, and I put the hair in the trash so you wouldn't be mad," answered the unrepentant preschooler.

"You knew I would be mad but you did it anyway??"

"Yes, because I wanted to. Can you fix it now?"

No, my misbehaving child, I cannot! There is a HUGE chunk of hair missing!!!


As you can see, there was no fixing THAT! So, I brushed other hair on it and tried a clip. No go; her hair is too fine. So, I sent her to school with "messy" hair in the front. Her teacher noticed her hair as soon as we walked in. :P Mommy is NOT happy, but I also know it could be a lot worse. Bangs will grow out faster than if I had to cut her hair because she cut a huge chunk in the back. She apologized and the scissors are now in Mommy's locked craft cabinet. 

What upset me most, though, is that she KNEW I would be mad but did it anyway. I'm kind of impressed that she knew to hide it in the trash, though. 

What am I going to do with this child???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment