Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back to Square One

After two weeks of trying to get her to go without it, we've given Isabella back the binky. I say "we" but it was really my decision. If it end up backfiring, I will take full responsibility for it. I know I made the right decision for NOW because two seconds after I gave it to her, she was sound asleep. And she took a 3 hour nap. :)

She has the bottles back, too. She refused to drink ANYTHING out of a sippy cup. Three wet diapers between yesterday and today. Honestly, if she will drink milk out of the bottle and water/juice out of the cup, I'll keep the bottles for a little while longer. I want them gone by the summer, but we'll deal with that later.

My happy baby was back today! She was so excited to get the bottles back! She was practically jumping up and down.

We're transitioning into one nap a day, so I am hoping this helps.

Two more days and she will be ONE

2 comments:

  1. Tis the season for transitioning. =) Thats never fun. I kind of take a different stand, at least with Khloe. I am letting her decide on when to transition things. We have been lucky though, and she was never a binky or bottle gal... heck she doesnt even have a lovey. LOL But we have our things we do (BF, CO sleep) that make her happy, and for now.... Im oky with that. Glad you have your happy baby back, sometimes thats worth everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, we kind of decided to wean her off a bit more slowly. This morning, she actually drank 2 oz of milk out of her sippy cup, which is back to where we were before. I think I was just rushing it.

    Isabella loves her lovey. She gets all excited when she sees it. LOL

    ReplyDelete