Friday, July 24, 2009

10 Years

I can hardly believe that today is the 10th anniversary of my mom's death. It is an emotional day for me every year, but it is hitting me harder this year. Now I have Isabella, and there are so many things I wish to ask my mom about when I was this age. Mainly, I just am sad that she will never get to meet this amazing girl in person. Jeff likes to say that his mom and my mom are hanging out together, looking down on us, proud of their granddaughter. I'm sure he's right.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cazy. My dad passed away May 25th 1999. My dad and I were very close.. he was my best friend. I know that hard feeling knowing your parent will never meet your children. Especially knowing that your missing parent would have been an amazing grandparent. It seems for me it has gotten easier with time, however there is never a day I don't think about my dad and miss him. I pray for your strength to handle the loss of your mom.

    ReplyDelete